Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
You can turn this powerhouse of a healthy grain, quinoa, into a light dinner with some flavorful additions. This is a portable crowd-pleaser, so is ideal for a potluck gathering.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or more to taste, optional
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley or basil finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 15 pitted black or kalamata olives chopped
- Cook 1 cup quinoa according to the package directions. Remove it from the heat and fluff it with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa with all the other ingredients. Refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days before serving.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cook the quinoa, juice the lemon, dice the sundried tomatoes, toast the pine nuts, crumble the cheese if necessary and refrigerate, chop the parsley and olives, or fully prepare and refrigerate the dish. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add ½ finely diced sweet onion, freshly ground black pepper and/or additional fresh herbs to the salad. Tip: An easy way to toast pine nuts is to put them in a dry skillet and warm them over medium heat, tossing them every 30 seconds or so until they are lightly browned and fragrant (but be careful, they burn easily). When you’re done toasting them, be sure to move them to a plate to cool so they don’t continue to cook. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 344, Total Fat: 24g, 36%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 23%; Cholesterol: 17mg, 5%; Sodium: 560mg, 24%; Total Carbohydrate: 28g, 9%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 14%; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 9g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!