Mediterranean Sunset Salad
This Mediterranean Sunset Salad looks as good as it tastes! A wonderful combination of lettuce, tuna (or hard boiled eggs or chickpeas if you want to make it vegetarian!), artichokes, red peppers, olives, feta, and almonds it has got a little something for everyone.
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 15 oz. artichokes in water drained and halved
- 6 oz. chunk light tuna in water drained, or use hard boiled eggs, chickpeas, cooked chicken, or shrimp
- ½ cup roasted red peppers drained and chopped, sold in jars
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. dried oregano or 1 ½ tsp. fresh
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
Scatter the lettuce in the center of a large shallow bowl or round platter. Put the artichokes, tuna, red peppers, olives, and cheese in mounds around the lettuce (or in strips over the lettuce on a long platter). Sprinkle the almonds on top of the lettuce.
To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, and pepper. When you are ready to serve it, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss it gently.
Video: Check out Jessica making it on Facebook Live
Nutritional Information per serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 319, Total Fat 20g, 31%, Saturated Fat 4.5g, 22.5%, Cholesterol 38mg, 12.5%, Sodium 905mg, 38%, Total Carbohydrate 18g, 6.5% Dietary Fiber 6.5g, 27% Sugar 5.5g, Protein 21g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!