Orecchiette with Baby Spinach, Mint, and Feta
This Greek-inspired pasta is bursting with flavor and super simple to prepare. It is delicious both warm and cold, so it can be a great addition to the spread for a picnic or cookout!
- 16 oz. orecchiette pasta (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed),
- 16 - 18 oz. baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced, about 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 cup fresh mint coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, leaving some room at the top of the pot for the spinach, until it is al dente.
- One minute before the pasta is done, stir in the spinach until it is just wilted, then drain them both into a colander.
- Return them to the pot or to a large metal serving bowl and toss it with the oil, garlic, mint, and lemon juice.
- Top it with the feta cheese and season it with salt and pepper. Serve it immediately or refrigerate it for up to 2 days.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cook the pasta and spinach and store tossed with a little oil to prevent sticking, peel the garlic, chop the mint, juice the lemon, crumble the cheese if necessary and refrigerate, or fully prepare and refrigerate the dish. Scramble Flavor Booster: Double the mint and garlic and add a little fresh lemon zest to the pasta. Use plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Tip: When recipes call for mint, peppermint and spearmint can be used interchangeably, but keep in mind that spearmint does have a slightly stronger flavor. Mint is delicious with lamb, tossed in salads or smoothies, and is a perfect match for new potatoes, fresh peas, or pasta dishes like this one. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 292, Total Fat: 8g, 11.5%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 14%; Cholesterol: 13mg, 4%; Sodium: 276mg, 11.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 45g, 15%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 13%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 11g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!