Potato and Prosciutto (or Mushroom) Scramble
This one-skillet meal will bring your breakfast-for-dinner game to a whole new level! Scramble recipe tester Leanne Guido said, “This recipe was delicious and perfect for a chilly night.”
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 russet potato peeled and finely diced, baking
- 3 - 4 oz. prosciutto chopped, or use mushrooms
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet or a heavy skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes (and mushrooms if you are using them) and cook, stirring occasionally, until their outsides start to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the prosciutto and cook it with the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to get crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium to medium-low, add the beaten eggs, salt, and pepper and fold them with a spatula, clearing the sides and bottom until they are just firm, 2 – 3 minutes. Smooth the top with the spatula, remove them from the heat, and serve them immediately.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Omit the oil. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, mixing well to evenly distribute the potato and prosciutto. Cook on low for 3 – 4 hours until the eggs are set. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)
Do Ahead or Delegate: Peel and dice the potato and store submerged in water for up to 24 hours to prevent browning, chop the prosciutto or mushrooms and refrigerate the prosciutto, beat and refrigerate the eggs. Scramble Flavor Booster: Serve it with additional coarse salt and pepper and with hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco. Tip: You might find it easier to use kitchen shears to chop the prosciutto right into the pan. Video: Watch Jessica make Potato and Prosciutto (or Mushroom) Scramble on Facebook Live! Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Calories: 322kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 15gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 341mgSodium: 388mgPotassium: 388mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 484IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!