Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
Pumpkin paired with warming spices, such as the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in this recipe, is one of the great flavor combinations in the fall. There is something so soothing about it, which might explain why starting mornings off with a bowl of these overnight oats is so appealing. Top with your favorite toppings such as chopped nuts or roasted pumpkin seeds.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup canned or pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup low fat milk or use any variety
- 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt or use any variety
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt, sea salt, or other coarse salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a 20 oz. or larger jar or container with a lid. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Serve it either cold or heat it up in the microwave.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Prepare the pureed pumpkin if making your own, combine the seasonings. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add another ½ tsp. ground cinnamon or double the ground ginger. Tip: Got leftover canned pumpkin? Add it to tomato sauce for a nutritional boost. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 159, Total Fat: 2g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 4%; Cholesterol: 3mg, 1%; Sodium: 99mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 30g, 10%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 16%; Sugar: 12g; Protein: 6g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!