Purple Pancakes (Gluten-Free Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Almond Pancakes)
Scramble fan Lauren Fisher often has these protein and fiber filled pancakes before or after her intense workouts. These are not only super-healthy but they are easy to make and taste great. Plus, your family will probably get a kick out of the fact that they’re eating purple pancakes!
- 1 cup rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if nedded)
- 5 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 cup blueberries or wild blueberries, fresh or frozen or use strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. chia or flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 10 almonds
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- In a blender, combine the oats, eggs, banana, berries, chia or flax seeds, cinnamon and salt and blend at high speed until pureed.
- Add the almonds and blend them for about 10 seconds (you want them to stay a little chunky).
- In a large nonstick skillet or on a griddle, heat the butter or oil over medium heat and spread it around the pan.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour the batter into the pan in about 1/4 cup increments, and cook them for about 3 minutes per side until they are browned. After flipping them, sprinkle the pancakes with a little more cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve the pancakes immediately, topped with butter and/or syrup, if desired, or cool and freeze them and reheat them in the microwave or oven.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 220, Total Fat: 11g, 16%; Saturated Fat: 4g, 21%; Cholesterol: 186mg, 62%; Sodium: 189mg, 8%; Total Carbohydrate: 23g, 7.5%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 17.5%; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 10g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!