Skip to Content

Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars

Sharing is caring!

Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars

Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars

Jessica Braider
The first time I made these breakfast bars, they were half were gone before I could even photograph them! Slightly sweet and packed with whole grains, these will keep you going all morning long.
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Course Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine American
Servings 12 servings


  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour (use wheat/gluten-free if needed)
  • 1/3 cup walnuts, almonds, or pecans, 1/3 cup walnuts, almonds, or pecans, chopped
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips, dried cranberries, raisins, or currants optional
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg


  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, melted butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Mix in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
  • Pour the mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly using a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon.
  • Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until the edges are turning golden brown. Cool them for 5 – 10 minutes in the pan, then use a sharp knife to cut into 12 pieces. Serve or cool completely on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.


Do Ahead or Delegate: Beat the egg and refrigerate, chop the nuts, combine the dry ingredients, or fully prepare and refrigerate or freeze the bars.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Include the optional chocolate chips or fruit and/or double the cloves and ginger.
Tip: Once you’ve melted the butter, let it sit for a few minutes before combining it with the other ingredients. If the butter is piping hot, it will start to cook the egg when it is added.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 217, Total Fat: 10g, 15%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 26%; Cholesterol: 34mg, 11%; Sodium: 106mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 29g, 10%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 14%; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 4g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword All, Breakfast, Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert, Fall, Freezer-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Make-Ahead, Picnic, Potluck/Buffet, Snack/Appetizer, Spring, Summer, Vegetarian, Winter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Recipe Rating

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop