Quickie Beef and Asian Veggie Stir-Fry
What's better than a flavorful, simple meal that is ready in 15 minutes? Not much, if you ask me...
- 16 oz. frozen mixed Asian vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb. lean beef stew meat cut into ¾ – 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce use wheat/gluten-free if needed
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. black bean or use hoisin sauce
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or chili garlic paste, optional
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Remove the mixed vegetables from the freezer and set them aside (and start the rice, if you are serving it.)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat and sauté the meat for about 5 minutes, flipping frequently, until the outsides are all lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Add the sauce and the vegetables to the skillet with the beef and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and serve it immediately or refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Omit the oil. Sauté the meat, if desired (but it’s not necessary). Add all the sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the meat and vegetables and cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours until the meat is cooked through. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cut the beef and refrigerate, combine the ingredients for the sauce, or fully prepare and refrigerate the dish. Scramble Flavor Booster: For an additional kick, add the crushed red pepper flakes or chili garlic paste to the stir-fry sauce. Tip: You can add a can of bamboo shoots, sliced water chestnuts or pineapple chunks (all drained) to the vegetables if you have any of them on hand. Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Calories: 388kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 43gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 728mgPotassium: 883mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 5850IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!