Skip to Content

Roasted Beets with Maple Syrup

Sharing is caring!

Roasted Beets with Maple Syrup

Roasted Beets with Maple Syrup

Jessica Braider
In my opinion, the simplest and most delicious way to prepare beets is to roast them. They always come up sweet and delicious.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Course Side Dish
Cuisine American
Servings 4 servings


  • 1 lb. beet peeled and cut into 1 - 1 1/2-inch chunks
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 Tbsp. butter or extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper


  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a round or square baking dish that is big enough to hold the beets in a single layer with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Put the beets in the dish.
  • In a measuring cup, combine the orange juice, maple syrup, and ginger and pour it over the beets.
  • Cut the butter into pieces and scatter it over the beets (or drizzle with the olive oil), then season everything with the salt and pepper to taste.
  • Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake the beets for 60 - 70 minutes until they are tender when pierced with a fork.


Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values):Calories 110, Total Fat: 4g, 5%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 9%; Cholesterol: 8mg, 2.5%; Sodium: 90mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 20g, 6.5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 13%; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 2g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword Dairy-Free, Fall, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Nut-Free, Side Dish, Summer, Vegetarian
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Recipe Rating

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop