Roasted Beets with Maple Syrup
In my opinion, the simplest and most delicious way to prepare beets is to roast them. They always come up sweet and delicious.
- 1 lb. beet peeled and cut into 1 - 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a round or square baking dish that is big enough to hold the beets in a single layer with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the beets in the dish.
- In a measuring cup, combine the orange juice, maple syrup, and ginger and pour it over the beets.
- Cut the butter into pieces and scatter it over the beets (or drizzle with the olive oil), then season everything with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake the beets for 60 - 70 minutes until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values):Calories 110, Total Fat: 4g, 5%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 9%; Cholesterol: 8mg, 2.5%; Sodium: 90mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 20g, 6.5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 13%; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!