Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo Bites with Blue Cheese Dressing
We love the flavor of spicy buffalo wings with cooling blue cheese dressing, but we wanted to make a vegetarian version that everyone could enjoy. The combination of the tender, spicy cauliflower and the creamy, cooling blue cheese dressing is irresistible.
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into smallish florets (about 8 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot or other buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or use sour cream, plain yogurt or a combination
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 6 stalks celery cut in thirds
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or rub it lightly with oil, and put it in the oven to heat up.
- Combine the paprika and garlic powder in a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the oil, then toss it with the spices to coat it evenly.
- Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet and roast it for 15 – 20 minutes until browned in spots and tender, tossing after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a small serving bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise or sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
- A few minutes before the cauliflower is done, melt the butter and toss it with the hot sauce. When the cauliflower is done roasting, toss it in the large bowl used earlier with the butter-hot sauce mixture, return it the baking sheet and roast it for 3 more minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and serve it with the celery and blue cheese sauce.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Add a few shakes of cayenne pepper to the spice mixture. Add 1/8 tsp. black pepper to the blue cheese sauce. Nutritional Information per Serving (% based upon Daily Values): Calories 327, Total Fat 28.5g, 43.5%, Saturated Fat 8.5g, 43.5%, Cholesterol 42mg, 14%, Sodium 910.5mg, 38%, Carbohydrate 14.5g, 5%, Dietary Fiber 5g, 19.5%, Sugar 7g, Protein 7g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
How to Prepare Cauliflower and Recipes to Get You Started
Tuesday 11th of August 2020
[…] Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo Bites […]
Easy Holiday Party Recipes
Thursday 6th of August 2020
[…] Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo Bites(MA) […]