Roasted Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Spinach Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lime juice only, about 1/4 cup
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 15 oz. black beans drained and rinsed, or use 1 1/4cooked
- 4 oz. fresh spinach or other mild greens coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chives of scallions finely chopped
- 20 oz sweet potatoes, about 2 potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp. oil and the paprika. Spread them evenly on the baking sheet and bake them for 15 – 20 minutes, tossing once, until they are fork tender. (Reserve the bowl to serve the salad.)
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the package directions, adding 1/4 tsp. salt to the water.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the lime juice, honey, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and the cinnamon.
- In the bowl you used to toss the potatoes, combine the potatoes, quinoa, spinach, beans, chives and the dressing. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, if time allows, and serve, or refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Calories 242, Total Fat 6.5g, 10%, Saturated Fat 0.5g, 3%, Cholesterol 0mg, 0%, Sodium 232.5mg, 9.5%, Carbohydrate 38g, 12.5%, Dietary Fiber 6.5g, 27%, Sugar 6g, Protein 8.5g Want to make beans from scratch? Check out our post on how to make beans in the slow cooker or Instant Pot pressure cooker. Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!