Roasted Indian Cauliflower Tossed with Chickpeas and Cashews
- 1 head cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas drained and rinsed, or use 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas, garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup raisins or more to taste (up to 1/2 cup), or use currants
- 1/4 cup mango chutney for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large serving bowl, toss the cauliflower with 2 Tbsp. of the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices (curry powder through salt). Toss the cauliflower with the spices, and spread the florets on a large baking sheet and roast them for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the large serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, cashews, and raisins with the remaining Tbsp. of oil.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and toss in the chickpeas, cashews and raisins. Return it to the oven for 10 more minutes until the cauliflower is well browned and tender. Serve it immediately, stirring in some of the chutney, if desired, or refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Add all ingredients except the chutney to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 – 5 hours or on high for 2 – 3 hours. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)