Sauteed Sweet Potatoes
If you are tired of the same old preparation for sweet potatoes, this recipe is for you! You'll love how simple it is, but also how amazingly delicious!
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces, es
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil, add the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Cover and steam the potatoes for 5 minutes to soften them, reducing the heat if necessary so they won’t burn.
- Remove the cover, season the potatoes with the cinnamon, and sauté them in a single layer for 5 more minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Season the potatoes with the salt and brown sugar, and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes until they are nicely browned and tender.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 81, Total Fat: 3g, 3.5%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 10%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 101mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 15g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7.5%; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!