Savory Baked Acorn Squash
While the preparation for this dish may be incredibly simple, the flavor is wonderfully complex. The sweetness and nuttiness of the squash paired with the smoke heat of the curry powder will fill your taste buds with glee! Once you've mastered this version, feel free to play around with other flavor combinations and spices as well.
- 2 acorn squash
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each acorn squash in half, scoop out the seeds with a spoon, brush the flesh of each squash with the oil, and sprinkle evenly with the salt and curry powder.
- Roast the squash halves, flesh side up on a foil, parchment, or silicone-lined baking sheet for 45 minutes, or until the halves can be pierced with a fork or sharp knife.
- Scoop out the flesh or cut the halves into wedges to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 208, Total Fat: 15g, 22%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 10.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 0mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 23g, 7.5%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 13.5%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!