Skip to Content

Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts

Sharing is caring!

Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts

Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts

Jessica Braider
When I first made this recipe, I was worried that it was too simple, but the flavors were so fantastic that any concerns I had rapidly disappeared and now it is a family favorite, especially since it’s a “one pot” meal! The only trick is to use two baking sheets so that everything can be evenly spread out.
No ratings yet
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Course Main Dish
Cuisine American, Mediterranean
Servings 4 servings


  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or extra-firm tofu if the chicken breasts are very thick, slice them lengthwise almost all the way through and then pull apart so that they resemble a butterfly. For tofu, drain and wrap in a clean dish towel to remove extra water and slice into 8 even pieces
  • 1 1/4 lbs. Yukon Gold or red potatoes cut into 1-inch dice
  • 1 lb. Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
  • 1/2 cup pesto sauce (store-bought or homemade) see Tip below for homemade directions
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, sea salt, or other coarse salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp. (optional)


  • Make sure one oven rack is in the top 1/3 of the oven and the other is in the bottom 1/3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or drizzle ½ Tbsp. oil on each baking sheet and spread evenly to help prevent sticking.
  • Place the chicken, potatoes, and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add the pesto sauce, salt, and pepper and toss well to coat everything.
  • Spread the ingredients evenly over the two baking sheets, making sure that nothing is overlapping.
  • Place the baking sheets in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
  • Switch the positions of the two baking sheets and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the outside and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
  • Slice the chicken, sprinkle lemon juice over everything, if desired, and serve warm.

Instant Pot Directions

  • Add 1 cup of water or broth to the Instant Pot and insert the trivet if desired, then the steamer basket. Cut chicken into strips and place along with all ingredients, except lemon juice, into the basket. Stir to combine, and cook on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes, then Quick Pressure Release. If you’d like a crispy finish, dump the contents of the steamer basket into a broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes. Serve as directed above.


Do Ahead or Delegate: Butterfly the chicken or slice the tofu if necessary and refrigerate, dice the potatoes and submerge them in water for up to 24 hours to prevent browning, trim and halve the Brussels sprouts, prepare and refrigerate the pesto if using homemade, juice the lemon if using.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese, add some crushed red pepper flakes, and/or use the optional lemon juice.
Tip: To make fresh pesto, in a blender or food processor, combine 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves, 4 cloves chopped or minced garlic (about 2 tsp.), 1/2 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Toss extra pesto with noodles or vegetables, use it as a dip with crackers, or freeze it for another time.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 471, Total Fat: 25g, 38%; Saturated Fat: 4g, 21%; Cholesterol: 3mg, 1%; Sodium: 641mg, 27%; Total Carbohydrate: 42g, 14%; Dietary Fiber: 10g, 41%; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 28g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword Dinner, Fall, Gluten-Free, High Fiber, Instant Pot, Kid-Friendly, Low Fat, Main Dish, Spring, Vegetarian
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Recipe Rating

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop