Steak with Rosemary and Dijon
This is a delicious savory marinade for steaks that our family loves. If someone in your family likes plainer food, you can keep one steak out of the marinade and rub it with kosher salt before grilling it. (The marinade is also delicious on chicken breasts.)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (use wheat/gluten-free if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt sea salt, or other coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh or dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. boneless steak about 1-inch thick
- Preheat the grill to high heat. (Alternatively, the steaks can be prepared in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat or in the broiler.)
- In a large flat dish with sides, mix together the mustard, oil, salt, and rosemary. Lay the steaks flat in the dish, and flip to coat both sides with the marinade.
- When the grill is hot, cook the steaks with any marinade clinging to them for 4 - 6 minutes per side, to desired doneness. For the first minute of grilling on each side, leave the grill open, and then close it until you are ready to flip them.
- When the steaks are done, let them rest for a few minutes before slicing them into strips to serve them.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Make the marinade and marinate the steak in the refrigerator. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper or salt-free lemon pepper seasoning to the marinade. Tip: If you have any leftover steak, it would be delicious the next day in salad or on a soft roll. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 430, Total Fat: 24g, 37%; Saturated Fat: 7g, 36%; Cholesterol: 105mg, 36%; Sodium: 570mg, 24%; Total Carbohydrate: 1g, 0%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 0%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 49g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!