Super Charged Spinach Salad
This wholesome and filling salad will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied, and all with a prep time of 15 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard (use wheat/gluten-free if needed)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion halved and thinly sliced (1/2 cup total)
- 5 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato diced, or use 1 orange, sliced
- 6 .4 oz. chunk light tuna packed in water (sold in pouches rather than cans), drained, or use white beans or chickpeas
- For the dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt until the ingredients emulsify (combine and thicken).
- In a large serving bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Toss it with the dressing just before serving it.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Prepare the salad dressing, slice the onion and mushrooms, dice the tomato or slice the orange. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add a handful of toasted walnuts or pine nuts for some extra crunch, and season the salad with grated Parmesan cheese and/or freshly ground black pepper. Tip: If you're making vinaigrette dressing and you find that you're out of vinegar, consider substituting grapefruit or lemon juice for the vinegar. They are both acidic, and will impart a taste similar to vinegar. Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be! Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 220, Total Fat: 14g, 22%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 10%; Cholesterol: 25mg, 8%; Sodium: 360mg, 15%; Total Carbohydrate: 11g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 7g, 28%; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!