Super Foods Smoothies
This smoothie has got everything you need to start your morning off right or to serve as an energy boost in the afternoon - fruit, vegetables, protein, and even a little chocolate!
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups blueberries or wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups kale stemmed and coarsely chopped or torn
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 bananas fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries or use dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa nibs also called raw chocolate or cacao, or use 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with 2 cups of ice, blend until smooth, and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 342, Total Fat: 12g, 18.5%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 14%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 41mg, 1.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 56g, 18.5%; Dietary Fiber: 10g, 39%; Sugar: 28g; Protein: 8g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!