White Bean and Red Onion Salad
Packed with flavor and varied textures, this salad is a keeper.
- 1/2 lemon juice only, (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz. canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed, also called white kidney beans, or use 1 1/2 cups home-cooked beans for every 15 oz. can
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1 - 2 tsp. capers to taste, drained
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice and oil. Gently stir in the beans, onions and capers. Chill until you are ready to serve it, up to 24 hours.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 150, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 510mg, 21%; Total Carbohydrate: 23g, 8%; Dietary Fiber: 6g, 24%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 8g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!