Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
Got a Brussels sprouts skeptic at your table? This will change their tune!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced, about 1/2 tsp.
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, Brussels sprouts, and garlic, and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are lightly browned and very tender.
- Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, and reducing the heat if the sprouts are getting too deeply browned.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Add Brussels sprouts and onions to the slow cooker, toss with oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or on high for 2 ½ - 3 hours. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 80, Total Fat: 5g, 7%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 20mg, 1%; Total Carbohydrate: 8g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!