Skip to Content

Zucchini-Corn Pancakes

Sharing is caring!

Zucchini-Corn Pancakes

Zucchini-Corn Pancakes

Jessica Braider
I discovered this recipe years ago on the Whole Foods website when I was searching for ways to get more vegetables into my kids’ diets. I’ve adapted it over the years to boost the zucchini and the protein, but still love how fresh and flavorful they are. You can top them with syrup or go a more savory route and enjoy them topped with some cream cheese or smoked salmon or both!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Course Appetizer, Breakfast, Side Dish
Cuisine American
Servings 6 servings


  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup low fat plain yogurt (or use any variety)
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (use wheat/gluten-free if needed)
  • 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, sea salt, or other coarse salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels defrost the kernels if using frozen
  • 1 large zucchini grated about 1 ½ cups
  • 1/4 yellow onion chopped, about 1/3 cup
  • 1/3 cup fresh oregano, basil, or mint, chopped
  • 1/2 lemon zest only
  • 2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil


  • In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper until all lumps are gone.
  • Stir in the corn, zucchini, onion, fresh herbs, and lemon zest.
  • In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, but not smoking, drop the batter into the skillet in scant ¼ cup measurements and flatten slightly with the back of your measuring cup or scoop.
  • Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 3 - 4 minutes. Add more oil between batches if necessary. Serve the pancakes warm or at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.

To Freeze the Pancakes

  • To freeze the pancakes, cool them completely on a wire rack and then transfer them to a freezer Ziploc bag. Then, to defrost, microwave them for 30 seconds and then crisp in the toaster or toaster oven, if desired.


Do Ahead or Delegate: Grate the zucchini, cut the kernels off the cob if using fresh corn, chop the onion, zest the lemon, or fully prepare and refrigerate or freeze the dish.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Use the zest of a whole lemon, increase the fresh herbs, and/or add ¼ tsp. chili powder to the batter.
Tip: Out of zucchini? Did you know you can use yellow, bonita, and zucchini squash interchangeably?
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 114, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 4%; Cholesterol: 54mg, 18%; Sodium: 262mg, 11%; Total Carbohydrate: 17g, 6%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 17%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 5g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword 30 Minutes (or less) Meals, Breakfast, Breakfast/Brunch, Fall, Freezer-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Lunch, Make-Ahead, No Added Sugar, Nut-Free, Side Dish, Snack/Appetizer, Summer, Vegetarian
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Recipe Rating

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop