Avocado Garlic Toasts
These are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. The key is to make them just before serving so the toasts don’t get stale and the avocado doesn’t brown, but they can sit out for 30 minutes or so if necessary.
- 1/2 baguette whole grain or white, thinly sliced
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 garlic clove peeled and halved
- 1 large avocado peeled and very thinly sliced
- Sea salt or other coarse salt to taste about 1/4 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the baguette slices on a large baking sheet and, using a pastry brush, brush the tops lightly with oil.
- Bake them for 5 – 7 minutes until they just start to brown on the edges. Remove them from the oven, transfer them to a serving plate and allow them to cool.
- Rub the top of each baguette slice firmly with the cut side of the garlic clove. Fan the avocado slices over the toasted baguette slices and season them lightly with the salt. Serve immediately. (These are also delicious topped with chopped toasted pistachios.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 140, Total Fat: 8g, 12.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 6%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 221mg, 9%; Total Carbohydrate: 15g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!