Skip to Content

Baked Kale Chips

Sharing is caring!

Baked Kale Chips

Baked Kale Chips

Jessica Braider
Looking for a healthy, crunchy, satisfying snack for you and/or your kids? Look no further! Kale chips are a fantastic way to help your kids to discover the joys of eating greens because they are so fun and satisfying to eat. (Plus they're a great option for cooking with your kids, which research shows makes them more likely to try the food.)
No ratings yet
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Course Side Dish, Snack
Cuisine American
Servings 4 servings


  • 1 bunch kale
  • 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, sea salt, or other coarse salt


  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash and THOROUGHLY dry the kale.
  • Remove the widest part of the stems by grabbing hold of the bottom of the stem with one hand and sliding the thumb and forefinger of your other hand up the stem. Discard the stems.
  • Coarsely chop the kale (or have your kids rip it into bite-sized pieces by hand).
  • Spread it on a baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer (use two baking sheets if necessary), drizzle it with the oil, toss thoroughly (hands work best for this), then sprinkle the salt over the kale.
  • Bake for about 20 minutes (check it after 10 minutes if you have a smaller bunch of kale), tossing once, until the leaves are crispy, but make sure they don't turn brown and get overly crispy or they will taste burnt.


Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 117, Total Fat: 8g, 12%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 119mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 12g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 9%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 4g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword All, Dairy-Free, Fall, Gluten-Free, High Fiber, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Nut-Free, Side Dish, Snack/Appetizer, Spring, Summer, Vegan, Vegetarian, Winter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Recipe Rating

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop