Basic Overnight Oats
Most overnight oats recipes out there are very specialized in terms of flavor, but this basic version has become the favorite in our house because it is so simple to put together and can be personalized depending on each person’s desires that day. Drizzle with a little bit of maple syrup or honey, chop up some fruit to mix in, and/or top with some of your favorite nuts for added protein.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt (or use any variety)
- 1 cup milk (use any kind you have)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in a 20 oz. or larger jar or container with a lid. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Serve either cold or microwave to heat up and top with your favorite oatmeal toppings such as chopped fruit, nuts, and/or a drizzle of your favorite sweetener.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (with ) (% based upon daily values): Calories 95, Total Fat: 2g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 71mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 14g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 6%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 5g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!