Skip to Content

Basic Overnight Oats

Sharing is caring!

Basic Overnight Oat

Basic Overnight Oats

Jessica Braider
Most overnight oats recipes out there are very specialized in terms of flavor, but this basic version has become the favorite in our house because it is so simple to put together and can be personalized depending on each person’s desires that day. Drizzle with a little bit of maple syrup or honey, chop up some fruit to mix in, and/or top with some of your favorite nuts for added protein.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 6 hours 10 minutes
Course Breakfast
Cuisine American
Servings 8 servings


  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
  • 1 cup low fat plain yogurt (or use any variety)
  • 1 cup milk (use any kind you have)
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. salt


  • Combine all ingredients in a 20 oz. or larger jar or container with a lid. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
  • Serve either cold or microwave to heat up and top with your favorite oatmeal toppings such as chopped fruit, nuts, and/or a drizzle of your favorite sweetener.


Nutritional Information Per Serving (with ) (% based upon daily values): Calories 95, Total Fat: 2g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 71mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 14g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 6%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 5g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword Breakfast, Breakfast/Brunch, Fall, Gluten-Free, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Fat, Make-Ahead, No Added Sugar, No-Cook, Nut-Free, Spring, Summer, Vegetarian, Winter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Recipe Rating

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop