Beet, Orange, and Avocado Salad
The earthiness of the beets, the brightness of the orange, and the creaminess of the avocado make this a salad made in heaven.
- 4 pre-cooked beets sliced
- 2 oranges sliced (use a serrated knife to peel off the skin and pith)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 Tbsp. walnuts chopped, toasted if desired
- 1 Tbsp. Gorgonzola or use feta or goat cheese, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. orange vinegar or use champagne or another sweet vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium serving bowl and season with black pepper, to taste. (Peel and dice the orange with a paring knife over a plate and add any remaining orange juice to the salad.)
- Serve the salad immediately or refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
Note: If you are using fresh beets, roast them in a 425-degree oven for 25 – 30 minutes, flipping them after 20 minutes (use tongs!) until they are browned in spots and tender. Then peel, halve, and slice them. Serve the salad immediately or refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. Then peel, halve, and slice them. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 150, Total Fat: 8g, 12%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 7.5%; Cholesterol: 4mg, 1%; Sodium: 75mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 20g, 6.5%; Dietary Fiber: 6g, 22.5%; Sugar: 14g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!