When my older son suddenly decided he no longer enjoyed broccoli, this is the recipe that brought him back into the fold. So yummy and yet so simple, a definitely winner.
- 1 lb. broccoli cut into spears
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar, Colby, Monterey Jack, or Swiss cheese
- Steam the broccoli spears for 8 - 10 minutes to desired tenderness.
- Drain it, return it to the pot, and top it immediately with the cheese.
- Cover it for 1 minute to let the cheese melt.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 82, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 8%; Cholesterol: 7mg, 2%; Sodium: 106mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 11g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 21%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 5g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!