Black Bean and Corn Salad
Black beans and corns are natural companions and this simple salad really illustrates why. Fun to eat, full of flavor, and super healthy. This is a
- 15 oz. reduced-sodium canned black beans (or use any variety)(or use 1 1/2 cups home-cooked beans for every 15 oz. can), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed if using frozen
- 1/4 oz. red onion or red bell pepper or 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 lime juice only, about 1 tsp.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Combine the beans, corn, onion or bell pepper, lime juice and cilantro (optional).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 140, Total Fat: 2g, 2%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 470mg, 20%; Total Carbohydrate: 27g, 9%; Dietary Fiber: 6g, 24%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 6g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!