Skip to Content

Chicken Corn Chili

Sharing is caring!

Chicken Corn Chili

Chicken Corn Chili

Jessica Braider
This belly-filling and bone-warming chili, from Scramble member Julia Blocksma, is as healthy as can be, and my family loves the flavor. It is fantastic sprinkled with hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, and topped with shredded Cheddar cheese.
No ratings yet
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Course Main Dish
Cuisine Tex Mex
Servings 6 servings


  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 yellow onion chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper diced
  • 2 stalks celery sliced
  • 2 - 3 cloves garlic minced, about 1 1/2 tsp.
  • 1 lb. ground chicken, or use ground turkey or meatless crumble
  • 2 Tbsp. chili powder
  • 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
  • 15 oz. reduced-sodium canned black beans (or use any variety)(or use 1 1/2 cups home-cooked beans for every 15 oz. can), drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups frozen corn kernels
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese for serving (optional)


  • In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Sauté the onions, peppers, celery, and garlic for about 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften (you can add the vegetables as you chop them, to speed up the cooking).
  • Add the chicken and continue cooking until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
  • Stir in the chili powder, tomatoes, beans, and 1/4 cup water, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer it, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 - 20 minutes.
  • Stir in the corn and cook it for 1 more minute or until heated through. Serve it immediately, topped with the cheese, if desired, refrigerate it for up to 3 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months.

Slow Cooker Directions:

  • Mix all the ingredients, except the cheese, in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 - 8 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours. Serve it topped with the cheese, if desired. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)


Do Ahead or Delegate: Chop the onion, dice the bell pepper, slice the celery, peel the garlic, or fully prepare and refrigerate or freeze the chili.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Add a diced jalapeño pepper with the bell pepper, and serve the chili with hot sauce, such as Tabasco.
Tip: Whether they’re black, kidney, navy, or pinto, beans top the charts in terms of nutritious foods to incorporate into your diet.  In addition to being a great source of magnesium and potassium, one serving of beans provides almost a third of your daily fiber requirement.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 220, Total Fat: 7g, 11%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 8%; Cholesterol: 35mg, 12%; Sodium: 480mg, 20%; Total Carbohydrate: 24g, 8%; Dietary Fiber: 7g, 28%; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 17g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword 30 Minutes (or less) Meals, Dairy-Free, Dinner, Fall, Freezer-Friendly, Gluten-Free, High Fiber, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Main Dish, Make-Ahead, No Added Sugar, Nut-Free, Slow Cooker, Soups & Stews, Spring, Summer, Vegan, Vegetarian, Winter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop