Chocolate Banana Poppers
These little cuties are a great dish to make with your kids! You can have them spread the peanut butter and/or dip the banana into the chocolate.
- 8 - 10 colorful toothpicks or wooden skewers
- 4 tsp. peanut butter or other nut or seed butter or use sunflower butter
- 1 banana cut into 16 thin slices
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Spread the peanut butter onto half of the banana slices.
- Put the slices of bananas without peanut butter onto the slices with peanut butter to make sandwiches.
- Spray a plate with nonstick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (in 20 to 30-second increments until it is smooth when stirred with a spoon).
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate, return the bowl to the microwave for about 20 seconds, and stir until smooth.
- Use a toothpick to dip a banana sandwich in the chocolate to coat it. Place it on the plate, and repeat with all of the sandwiches.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to let the chocolate harden, and serve (can be refrigerated for up to 2 days).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 107, Total Fat: 6g, 9%; Saturated Fat: 4g, 16.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 0mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 15g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 6.5%; Sugar: 11g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!