Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
A homemade version of the classic dessert! You won't believe how simple they are to make (and they'll taste even sweeter knowing you made them yourself).
- 1 lb. strawberries washed and completely dried
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or use chocolate syrup
- Make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping them.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a completely dry microwave-safe bowl at half power or over low heat in a saucepan. Stir the chocolate after 1 minute, then at 30-second intervals until it is melted and smooth.
- Dip the strawberries and let them harden on a wax paper-lined baking sheet in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
- For a quicker version, dip strawberries in chocolate syrup or spread them with Nutella at the table.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 186, Total Fat: 8g, 13%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 25%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 1mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 31g, 11%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 23g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!