Chocolate Bark with Pomegranate Seeds, Coconut, and Ginger
This chocolate bark with pomegranate seeds gets a tiny kick from the ginger and a pop of texture from the juicy pomegranate seeds. It makes a great holiday gift or colorful holiday dessert.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or 12 oz. of any dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut use reduced fat if you can find it
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler (if using the microwave, heat it in 30 second increments). Stir it until smooth, then stir in the coconut and ginger.
- Using a spatula, spread the chocolate mixture on the parchment paper as thin as you can (without making yourself crazy).
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds evenly on top, pressing them gently with your hand or a spatula to get them to adhere to the chocolate.
- Freeze it for 20 – 30 minutes (or refrigerate it for an hour) until the chocolate hardens, then using the dull end of a knife to stabilize it, break the chocolate into pieces. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
Nutritional Information per Serving (% based upon Daily Values): Calories 148, Total Fat 8.5g, 13.5%, Saturated Fat 5.5g, 29%, Cholesterol 0mg, 0%, Sodium 1mg, 0.1%, Carbohydrate 18.5g, 6%, Dietary Fiber 1g, 3%, Sugar 15.5g, Protein 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!