Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
Sweet pillow-y cookies filled with chocolate chips... What could be better than that?!
- 2 large eggs whites only, room temperature, if possible
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and beat until fluffy. Add the sugar very slowly, beating constantly, until the peaks are stiff and glossy.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter using two teaspoons onto greased or parchment or silicone-lined baking sheets, trying to keep them in a puffy shape rather than flattening them (but if they are flat, don’t worry, they’ll still taste great). They don’t need to be spaced too far apart because they hold their shape when you bake them.
- Transfer the meringues to the oven and turn off the heat. Leave the cookies in the oven for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours (so you can bake them overnight) until the cookies are crisp and dry.
- If you are in a hurry, you can bake the cookies for 20 – 25 minutes at 300 degrees until they are lightly browned.
Tip: Separate eggs by cracking them over your fingers and letting the whites drip between your fingers into a clean bowl. Discard the yolks or save for another purpose, such as homemade mayonnaise, eggnog, aioli, or Hollandaise sauce. Nutritional Information per Cookie (% based upon Daily Values): Calories 73, Total Fat 3g, 5%, Saturated Fat 2g, 10%, Cholesterol 0mg, 0%, Sodium 9.5mg, 0.5%, Carbohydrate 11.5g, 4%, Dietary Fiber 0g, 0%, Sugar 10.5g, Protein 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!