Chutney Cheddar Melts
Crostini meets grilled cheese in this simple dish that can serve as a light dinner, easy lunch, or fun appetizer. The tang and spice of the chutney paired with the creamy sharpness of the Cheddar cheese, makes an unlikely combo that will keep you coming back for more.
- 4 slices thinly sliced whole grain bread (use wheat/gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese or 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- Broil the bread for 2 – 3 minutes until it starts to toast. Remove it from the oven and spread 1 – 2 Tbsp. of the chutney on top of each slice, top each slice with one slice of Cheddar cheese and slices of jalapeno, if desired.
- Put them on a baking sheet and broil them for 2 – 3 minutes until they are crisp and cheese is bubbly and melted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 233, Total Fat: 12g, 17.5%; Saturated Fat: 6g, 29.5%; Cholesterol: 30mg, 10%; Sodium: 421mg, 17.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 26g, 8.5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 14g; Protein: 10g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!