Mango, Cucumber, and Lime Salad
This may sound like a strange combination, but it works like a dream! With so many textures and tastes, each bite is a little different from the last, which makes eating it so much more fun.
- 1 mango diced, or use frozen about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cucumber seeded if necessary and diced about 1 cup
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. peanuts coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- 5 fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 lime juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1 dash salt
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients.
- Let the salad sit for at least 10 minutes, if possible, and up to 24 hours (refrigerate it if letting it sit more than 1 hour).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 59, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 61mg, 3.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 12g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 6.5%; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!