Couscous with Toasted Pine Nuts and Currants or Raisins
This is one of my favorite side dishes. It is so simple, but so satisfying with its various textures and that little pop of sweetness from the currants or raisins.
- 1 pkg. couscous or use quinoa for a gluten-free alternative
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or use any variety) optional
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts toasted
- 2 Tbsp. currants or raisins
- Prepare the couscous according to the package directions, using water or broth for the liquid.
- Stir the pine nuts and currants or raisins into the hot prepared couscous and cover it until you are ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 196, Total Fat: 3g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 1%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 8mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 37g, 12%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 9%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 7g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!