Corn and Tomato Salad
The best tastes of summer all in one bowl. What more could one ask for?!
- 4 ears corn cut kernels off cobs
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil or mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 lime juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. sugar optional
- Combine the corn kernels with the tomatoes, herbs, and lime juice (and the sugar if the corn isn't very sweet).
- Mix and chill until ready to serve. (If you prefer, you can steam the corn for 2 - 4 minutes before making the salad, especially if it's not super sweet and juicy.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 90, Total Fat: 1g, 1%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 30mg, 1%; Total Carbohydrate: 10g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 0g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!