Curried Carrot Salad with Lime and Cilantro
This fun twist on a carrot salad marries the sweetness of steamed carrots with a zippy dressing you'll love!
- 6 - 8 carrots sliced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 lime juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1 clove garlic minced, about 1/2 tsp.
- 3/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro finely chopped, or use parsley or mint or a combination
- In a microwave-safe bowl cover the carrots and cook them in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes until tender-crisp (or steam them for 5 minutes on the stovetop).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Toss the carrots with the dressing and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 96, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 251mg, 10.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 16g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 17.5%; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!