Donut Detox Smoothies
Packed with fruits, veggies, and protein, this is a favorite smoothie in our house--even my 10-year-old who has never been a fan of smoothies chugs this one down happily!
- 1/2 cup low fat plain or fruit flavored kefir or use any variety
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup orange juice preferably fresh squeezed
- 1 orange peeled
- 2 stalks celery cut into thirds
- 3 leaves kale stemmed and coarsely chopped or ripped
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cucumber peeled if desired, cut into thirds
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients with 1 cup of ice until smooth and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 145, Total Fat: 3g, 4.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 1.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 37mg, 1.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 41g, 13.5%; Dietary Fiber: 8g, 32%; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 6g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!