Amazingly Easy Key Lime Pie
Bright, zesty flavor abounds in this simple version of a classic dessert!
- 14 oz. nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 4 limes for 3/4 cup fresh lime juice + the zest from 1 lime
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 3 - 4 oz. fresh or store-bought whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, egg, lime juice, and the lime zest (reserve about 1/4 tsp. lime zest to garnish the cooked pie, if desired) until they are completely blended.
- Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. The filling may not be completely hardened yet, but a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean. Allow the pie to cool, cover, and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days. Serve it sprinkled with the reserved lime zest (optional) and with the whipped cream dotted around the edges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 244, Total Fat: 8g, 12%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 15%; Cholesterol: 31mg, 10.5%; Sodium: 145mg, 6%; Total Carbohydrate: 38g, 12.5%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 2%; Sugar: 30g; Protein: 6g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!