- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt or use any plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 red onion finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 bell pepper any variety, finely diced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or line it with muffin cups.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cover and steam the spinach for 2 minutes or until it wilts. Drain it, pressing out excess liquid, transfer it to a cutting board and chop it coarsely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the yogurt.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the spinach.
- Using a small ladle or cup, pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake it for 20 – 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Let them cool for 5 – 10 minutes if time allows, and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days, or freeze them for up to 3 months.