Garlic Parmesan Toast
A simple spin on a family favorite, garlic bread. The only problem: you might end of battling over who gets the last piece!
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced, about 1 tsp.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed), or use Italian bread
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, until it is fragrant but not browned. Remove it from the heat.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise (separating the top from the bottom) and, using a pastry brush or spoon, spread the oil and garlic over the inside surface of each half of bread.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese over each half, transfer the bread, crust side down, directly to the oven rack, and cook it for 7 - 10 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown on the edges. Cut into thin slices to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 194, Total Fat: 8g, 11.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 6%; Cholesterol: 1mg, 0%; Sodium: 640mg, 27%; Total Carbohydrate: 60g, 20.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 5.5%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 12g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!