Grilled Zucchini or Yellow Squash
Have you ever grilled summer squash? If not, this is your chance! This simple side is such a satisfying preparation for this summer staple.
- 2 - 3 zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Cut the zucchini or yellow squash lengthwise into quarters, and then cut the strips crosswise into several shorter pieces.
- Toss them with the oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the squash slices on a vegetable tray or piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, and grill them over medium or medium-high heat for 10 - 20 minutes, flipping them once, until they reach desired tenderness. (Alternatively, sauté the zucchini or squash in the oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes until it is lightly browned and tender.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 35, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 105mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 3g, 1%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!