Honey Glazed Carrots
It is amazing how just a little bit of sweetness can enliven an already favorite side dish.
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 lb. carrot sliced
- 1 - 2 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt or to taste (optional)
- Heat the butter or margarine in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and honey, and stir to coat the carrots.
- Sauté them, stirring occasionally, for 8 - 10 minutes until they are tender and slightly browned. (If they are getting too browned, reduce the heat.)
- Season the carrots with salt before serving, if desired.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Put 1/2 cup water or broth into the Instant Pot, then place the carrots in a steamer basket and add to the pot. Add salt if desired. Cook on HIGH pressure for 2 minutes and then use Quick Pressure Release. Carefully remove the basket and discard the remaining liquid. Replace the pot and set to SAUTE function. Add the butter, carrots, and honey and sauté until combined. (Click here for Instant Pot tips and a list of Scramble recipes that have IP conversions.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 66, Total Fat: 2g, 2%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3.5%; Cholesterol: 3mg, 1%; Sodium: 79mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 14g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!