Guacamole with Tortilla Chips and Carrots
Who needs store-bought guacamole when you can make your own in 10 minutes or less, and get to season it to fit your taste!
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 lime or lemon juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 - 3 cups tortilla chips (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)(store bought or homemade), see link below for homemade directions (optional)
- 2 cups baby carrots optional
- Mash the flesh of the avocados with the lime or lemon juice, salt, and garlic powder. To jazz up your guacamole, try adding 1 Tbsp. of minced onion and/or cilantro, 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, and/or 1 tsp. finely diced fresh hot peppers. Serve it with the tortilla chips and/or baby carrots.
- To keep the guacamole from turning brown, put the avocado pit in the center of it and cover until you are ready to serve it.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 159, Total Fat: 12g, 17%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 7%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 210mg, 8%; Total Carbohydrate: 14g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 19%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!