Mango Sherbet with Ginger & Lime
It’s so easy to make and tastes light and refreshing. You can substitute any flavor of yogurt you like or have on hand, or for a vegan version, use dairy-free yogurt or coconut milk. (You may need to add a little extra sweetener if the coconut milk is unsweetened.) It’s so good for you, why not serve it for breakfast as well?
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mango
- 12 oz. strawberry banana low fat yogurt (or use any variety)
- 1 lime use the juice plus 1/2 tsp. zest
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger or more to taste
- Put the mango in a microwave-safe dish and microwave it for 30 – 60 seconds until it just begins to soften.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for at least 15 minutes, or until it becomes somewhat firm. Serve immediately or freeze it for up to 2 weeks.
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!