Mummy Fingers (Cashew-Date Power Bars)
Is there anything creepier than disembodied fingers?! These gruesome treats are sweetened only by the dates and also offer a nice dose of protein and healthy fats with the nuts and peanut butter. And once Halloween is over and you've sees how amazingly simple they are to make, you will be able to easily make your own version of Luna bars whenever you want (and for a lot less money)!
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 1 cup cashew nuts or use sunflower seeds if you need nut-free
- ¼ cup Peanut butter or use another nut butter or sunbutter if you need nut-free
- 1 tablespoon water
- sea salt to taste
- 18 almond slices or use pumpkin seeds, if you need nut-free
- Combine dates, cashews or sunflower seeds, peanut or other nut or sunbutter, water, and a sprinkle of salt in a food processor and puree until the mixture comes together. Add a little more water, if necessary. Add more salt to taste, if necessary.
- Scoop up the mixture with your hands and squeeze it into a big clump. Place it onto a sheet of wax paper and cut into 18 even pieces.
- Roll the pieces into finger-like shapes and place an almond slice on the end of each one (to look like a fingernail).
- Store in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to one week.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!