Orange-Ginger Glazed Carrots
Your kids will gobble up these sweet little bites, that is if you don't eat them all first...
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. carrot sliced or use crinkle-cut carrots
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 lemon juice only, about 1 tsp.
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. dried dill optional
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, and stir to coat them with the oil. Sauté them for about 4 minutes until they begin to get tender.
- Meanwhile, in a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, and ginger. Pour the mixture over the carrots, bring it to a boil, and allow it to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Cover the carrots, reduce the heat to keep them at a simmer, and steam them for about 5 minutes until they are tender. Sprinkle them liberally with the dill (optional) before serving.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Place all ingredients, except the dill in the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours. Sprinkle them liberally with the dill, if desired, before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 60, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 45mg, 2%; Total Carbohydrate: 10g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!