Sesame Stir-Fried Green Beans
With just a few extra ingredients you can elevate your normal side of green beans to something truly special.
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced, about 1 1/2 tsp.
- 1 lb. green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce (use wheat/gluten-free if needed) or use any variety
- 1 - 2 scallion or use chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet or wok over medium heat. Lightly brown the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the green beans and 1/8 cup water. Cover and steam the beans for 3 - 4 minutes or to desired tenderness.
- Remove the cover, add the soy sauce and stir-fry everything for 1 minute before serving. Top it with the scallions or chives, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 35, Total Fat: 2g, 2%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 180mg, 8%; Total Carbohydrate: 5g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!