Peach or Blueberry Crumble
One of my favorite parts of summer is making fruit crumbles with all of that nature has to offer. This simple version allows the flavors of the fruit to truly shine through, making it one of my favorite versions.
- 6 Tbsp. butter softened
- 5 - 6 cups sliced peaches or blueberries
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream or whipped cream optional
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator to soften a bit. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. I
- n a large bowl, toss the fruit with the lemon juice (if the fruit is very juicy, toss it with 1 – 2 Tbsp. flour to absorb some of the moisture).
- Place the peaches or berries in an 8 x 11 or 9 x 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle them with the cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and sugar, then cut in the butter using your hands or a fork until it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit and bake it for 45 - 55 minutes, until the topping is golden. Serve it with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 282, Total Fat: 9g, 14%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 28%; Cholesterol: 23mg, 8%; Sodium: 2mg, 1%; Total Carbohydrate: 51g, 17%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 11%; Sugar: 34g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!