Peach or Blueberry Crumble
- 6 Tbsp. butter softened
- 5 - 6 cups sliced peaches or blueberries
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream or whipped cream optional
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator to soften a bit. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. I
- n a large bowl, toss the fruit with the lemon juice (if the fruit is very juicy, toss it with 1 – 2 Tbsp. flour to absorb some of the moisture).
- Place the peaches or berries in an 8 x 11 or 9 x 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle them with the cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and sugar, then cut in the butter using your hands or a fork until it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit and bake it for 45 - 55 minutes, until the topping is golden. Serve it with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.