One-Bowl Banana Bread
A classic banana bread, moist, sweet, and delicious - and that fact that it is all prepared in just one bowl makes it even more amazing!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed) or use 1 cup whole wheat flour and 2/3 cup all purpose
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 bananas very ripe, mashed with a fork or potato masher
- 1/4 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt (or use any variety)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or food processor, beat together the sugar, eggs, oil, mashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips or walnuts by hand, if using.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour, or until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. (Thanks to Scramble intern Molly Rubel for the recipe.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 330, Total Fat: 12g, 18%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 14.5%; Cholesterol: 37mg, 12.5%; Sodium: 380mg, 16%; Total Carbohydrate: 53g, 17.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 6.5%; Sugar: 32g; Protein: 5g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!